We provide weekly group exercise sessions exclusively designed for pregnant women. With all the physiological changes that are happening thoughout pregnancy, it is important to follow an exercise programme that is safe and fun! We are very fortunate to have Waikato’s only pregnancy and postnatal certified personal trainer Sheena Thompson on board with us! If you are new to exercise or an experienced athlete, our pregnancy exercise sessions are for you! Suitable for all stages of pregnancy.
The sessions are designed around what is safe for you at the different stages of your pregnancy, while not aggravating any abdominal separation you may have.
- Strengthen your body to cope with the demands of pregnancy
- Maintain a good fitness level in preparation for labour
- Focus on creating strong muscles to facilitate effective birthing positions
- Manage your weight to ensure a healthy pregnancy for you and baby
- Develop a strong core and pelvic floor muscles
- Spend time with other pregnant women at varying stages of pregnancy
- No pressups, burpees, situps, or mountain climbers (all unsafe during pregnancy)
For low impact classes suitable from conception through to full term where both yours and baby’s safety is paramount contact us. Our Pregnancy Certified Personal Trainer is Sheena Thompson.
Date: Every Wednesday
Time: 5:30 – 6.30pm
Location: Upstairs at River Ridge East Birth Centre, 35 Von Tempsky Street Hamilton
Price: $10 per session
All equipment including exercise mats are supplied. Please bring your own water bottle and towel.